The Apprentice Salesforce Administrator role will sit in the Operations team, reporting to the Salesforce Manager.
The Operations Team are currently exploring ways to better tech enable our internal processes using salesforce. This includes upgrading salesforce to Lightning, cleaning up how data is structured, overhauling salesforce CPQ so aligned with our latest pricing model, and implementing other cloud tools across the business. This role will be a key contributor to this project ensuring the careful migration of data as salesforce is updated.
The job role of an Apprentice Salesforce Administrator will include but not be limited to the following:
- Being the first line of internal support for the Salesforce.com platform
- Setting up new users on Salesforce including training and demoing
- Expanding or refining sharing rules and access privileges so records can be properly viewed and manipulated (while keeping the “special records” locked or hidden altogether).
- Maintaining record types, page layouts, field visibility, and validation rules based on business requirements
- Maintaining workflow and automation based on business requirements
- Helping users develop or fine-tune reports so they yield meaningful metrics
- Creating and running user adoption and data quality dashboards.
- Undertaking data migration activities using the data loader
- Undertaking necessary product and pricing updates in Salesforce CPQ
- Supporting the Data Analyst team in maintaining Salesforce reports and dashboards. Deleting redundant ones and creating new ones where required.
- Learning to gather requirements and build technical solutions
- Collaborating with various stakeholders and attending meetings
- Contributing to roadmap definition, understanding the organisation’s business processes, developing requirements and implementing practical business solutions
- Staying up to date on salesforce latest releases
- Supporting the wider Third-Party Systems team, off of the Salesforce.com platform, with routine requests. This may include investigating potential solutions in the app exchange to solve current business challenges
What you will learn:
- Salesforce system architecture and knowledge of the wider Salesforce ecosystem
- How to administer salesforce in a best practice way
- How to use the Salesforce product suite
- How to successfully manage technology implementation, methodologies and best practice in relation to Salesforce
- How to manage the design and implementation of technology across multiple projects
- How to manage key stakeholder relationships in a busy environment
- How to work and manage your own time and work within an agile environment
- You’ll also achieve multiple Salesforce certifications and become a Salesforce Trailhead Ranger
Certified Salesforce Admin.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Educated to degree level in STEM or analytical subject
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT and good presentation skills
- Comfortable using excel, v-lookups and manipulating data in excel
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to take ownership
- Self-driven and enthusiastic about Salesforce and a can-do attitude
- Resilient and determined to be successful in their apprenticeship
- You're able to thrive in a remote working environment
- Able to easily build relationships with all stakeholders
- Comfort with a rapidly evolving work environment
You’ll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
Level 3 Digital Applications Technician