What will the apprentice be doing?
- Using IT systems to raise and price quotations for customers.
Following up with customers to convert quotations and enquiries to orders.
- Helping to solve customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Develop an understanding of our product and sales offering.
- Assisting in regularly reviewing customer accounts to help generate sales opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the Team to provide high levels of customer service.
- Representing the business at customer meetings and trade events.
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Sales Executive Apprenticeship
Successful completion will result in: Level 4 qualification in Sales Executive
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of apprenticeship, you will be given the opportunity to move into a full position as a Sales Representative.
Future progression opportunities in Tarmac are widely available with experience and include roles such as: Account Manager and Logistics Planner.
Reality CheckThe role will involve working within an office with a team of people, so communication skills are important and the ability to build rapport. The learning process will involve visiting Tarmac operational sites, so being mobile is important.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade C or above (Level 4 or above)) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Any (Grade Level 3 qualification) Essential