The Vehicle Sales Advisor role varies slightly by the employer, based upon the specific needs of the location. The below explanation is therefore a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
Vehicle Sales Advisors, executives, or vehicle salespeople are responsible for selling new and used vehicles. Duties may vary depending on the type and size of the organisation.
Duties for this site are:
- Managing sales and stock preparations day-to-day
- Visual merchandising on the site every day
- Digital merchandising – videos and photos for the website
- Helping with customer enquiries
- Supporting colleagues with the sales process
Other duties may include:
- Greeting customers, discussing their needs and advising them on the most suitable vehicle
- Arranging test drives
- Negotiating sale and trade-in prices
- Working out finance arrangements and packages, which may include organising registration plates, road tax, and delivery of vehicles
- Highlighting any additional products relevant to the customer
- Processing orders and completing relevant paperwork, which may include carrying out stock checks using manufacturers’ databases
- Updating customers on the progress of orders and contacting potential customers to update them about new vehicles and deals
- Updating stock lists
- Managing advertising and updating the website
- Keeping the forecourt and cars clean and tidy
- Providing potential customers with relevant literature and information
- Inspecting vehicles pre-and post-sale
In larger organisations you may work as part of a team, specialising in one aspect of selling. In smaller organisations you may be responsible for all aspects of vehicle sales.
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Dealer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry-recognised qualification that's recognised across the Motor Industry.
This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group and appointment will be based on merit alone. Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability please state this during the application process. Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and the apprenticeship journey.
Our Dealers dictate the remuneration that our learners receive. All Dealers are required to pay, at least, The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
More information about the minimum wage for apprentices can be found on the Government website at:
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship.
- Full UK Driving Licence required due the nature of the role
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient and well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted.
'Equivalent qualifications' grades include:
- BTEC First Diplomas and Certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
Our Apprenticeship Programme is an excellent way of ensuring we have high-quality people working within our business. We're looking for ambitious candidates ready to take ownership of their development, work hard to achieve their potential, and grow with an ambitious employer.
The programme typically lasts for 12-14 months and you'll achieve a nationally recognised qualification - Customer Service Practitioner. We will support you to gain your functional skills if you require them in maths and English.
Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced coaches as well as virtual classroom sessions and e-learning modules.