The purpose of the role is to generate sales (initially as a lead generator) by securing business gas, electric or water contracts. You will be responsible for building a pipeline of Small business prospects through a range of contact strategies - mostly this will be achieved through outbound calling from an existing database.
- Build a pipeline of business opportunities
- Obtain relevant information from key business owners - such as recent utility bills
- Generate Leads for Business Consultants
- Obtain prices and negotiate contracts with clients (after initial training period)
- Keep accurate records in the Company CRM system
- Handle any inbound telephone queries
- Liaise closely with the Sales Administration team to ensure all contracts are managed in a robust manner
- Build and maintain your knowledge of the energy industry - including supplier products / services
This is a great opportunity to become part of a vibrant team within a dynamic industry. All successful candidates will be offered a full-time permanent sales role on completion of the Apprenticeship. In addition, there are a range of senior sales roles (including field-based Business Development roles, Corporate Sales and other specialist sales roles).
You will need to be confident and motivated when talking to businesses over the telephone. You must be driven to want to succeed as the role is target oriented. Full support is given by the management team and your dedicated coach at Mercuri International.
You will be included in the company commission scheme. This is an uncapped and very generous scheme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Problem solving
- Clear communication skills - especially verbal / telephony skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Business acumen
- Quick learner
- Results oriented
- Willing to learn about all elements of the energy industry
- Passion and energy
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above to include maths and English or an equivalent qualification. A full level 3 qualification is desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the Sales Executive Apprenticeship at Level 4.
Description of Training:
You will be supported to become competent in this role through a higher-level sales apprenticeship programme delivered by world leaders in sales training and consultancy Mercuri International. The qualification will consist of a blend of face to face and virtual group sessions, digitised self-led study and practical activities. Your dedicated Learning and Development Coach will support you on a one-to-one basis throughout the programme. This will help you to relate your learning to your
specific job role.
The Apprenticeship will equip you with all the knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to become a proficient salesperson with a full understanding of what is required to meet your target and become successful in your role. Mercuri apprentices also become associate members of the association of professional sales.
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Immediate Impact
- Module 2: Vision, Values and Capabilities
- Module 3: Customer Engagement
- Module 4: Customer and Market Understanding
- Module 5: The Salesperson
- Module 6: Understanding Customer Needs
- Module 7: Sales Planning
- Module 8: Presenting Solutions
- Module 9: Handling Objections and Closing the Sale
- Module 10: Financial Understanding
- Module 11: Proactivity and Relationship Building
- Module 12: Negotiation
- Module 13: Continuous Professional Development