Royal Mail Fleet Service Technician Apprentice (Redruth)
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
As our Royal Mail Fleet apprentice, you'll service and repair light vehicles, including petrol, diesel and electric cars and vans, working on all the systems within the vehicle.
- Day-to-day, you could be replacing simple parts and wheels or solving complex faults using diagnostic methods and equipment, learning everything there is to know on the job.
- We service and repair approx. 50,000 commercial customer vehicles a year across 110 locations. With 47,000 vehicles – including 6,000 HGVs & Trailers, our fleet is one of the largest in the UK and our team keep it moving efficiently.
- We are also award winning and recognised by the industry for our determination to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
Training does not stop once your apprenticeship is complete. A career with Royal Mail is a continuation of your learning journey. We invest heavily in training, ensuring our people are some of the best trained in the industry.
We want you to drive your career forward with us and we will collaborate with you so that you reach your full potential.
Royal Mail has a clear vision to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe and is one of the UK’s largest employers. Achieving our strategy depends on having the best possible talent at all levels in our business, supported by a culture that gives individuals the opportunity to grow and develop. We live our values and take pride in how we do what we do.
If you share our passion and want to help us deliver to c. 30 million addresses across the UK six days a week, you’ll thrive as a Royal Mail Apprentice. Whether you’re working in Royal Mail Fleet, Planning and Programmes, Finance, Sales, Fleet Management, Engineering, Logistics or Operations you’ll be pivotal to the future of Royal Mail.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
For tips on interviews, assessment centres and to chat to Royal Mail apprentices please visit:
Our Fleet Apprentices learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take individuals with a flair for mechanics and engineering and turn them into automotive experts.
Ultimately, we are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
- A real team player,
- Enthusiasm for the practical side of fixing trucks and vans.
- Eager to learn and prepared to apply yourself to the classroom work that’s part and parcel of gaining your qualifications.
- Interest in vehicle engineering
Our minimum entry requirements are:
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
Brand specific certifications
We believe that you should be fully immersed in your learning to get the most out of your experience. With that in mind, your training is delivered over a number of one week blocks at our training facilities in Milton Keynes. Here you will have access to the latest vehicles, equipment and training experts so you can learn, apply and practise your skills before heading back to the workplace.
Back at your fleet workshop, your training will continue on a daily basis supported by your own personal mentor who is a trained, experienced member of our team. You will also have access to your own dedicated Vocational Learning Advisor who will help you meet the milestones needed to achieve your qualification.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Royal Mail is the preferred delivery company in the UK and were a vital link connecting communities, businesses and customers. Were in the midst of one of the countrys largest transformation programmes, as we adapt a network traditionally focussed on letters, to one which is handling more and more parcels.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.