What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of our Road Sales team you’ll be liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that our customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of their goods across Europe. You’ll be in communication with a variety of people and using IT systems to process requirements from customers and overseas agents. It’s a varied role and your training will equip you to be involved in problem solving, finance tracking and supporting the account managers with their day to day duties.
Our Road Logistics Sales Apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Level 2 Customer Service certificate followed by the Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship. You will work within a successful Sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
- Face to face workshops
- 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month
- On the job training to enable you to put into practice the skills you are learning
- Efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system
- Provide operational support for the Freight Account Managers when required
- Liaise with all relevant parties throughout the shipment to organise the movement of goods
- Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Freight Account Manager is updated
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Sales Executive.
English and maths Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
Reality CheckYou will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your salary will also reviewed after 12 months and there's a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Manage conflicting priorities, Strong personality, Resilience, A drive for success, A want to be the best that you, A willingness to learn, Supportive of the business, Interpersonal skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 9-3 in English and maths) Desired