You don’t need any sales experience, as we can teach you everything. For us, it’s more about your personality and drive to be the best you can be. We’re passionate about developing and growing our own talent to have a long and successful career with us.
As a Sales Advisor Apprentice, you’ll be spending time on the showroom floor where you’ll learn all about DFS products so you can advise customers on products suited to their needs. You’ll spend your time learning each area which will allow you to gain an insight of the business.
As part of the Retail team, you may be required, at times, to cover other stores to support in driving results and excellent customer service for the business.
This role will be flexible over 7 days, including Bank Holidays, to support store requirements and support a greater work-life balance.
To support your development in the role, you’ll complete the Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship and Duke of Edinburgh Business Gold Award.
If you are passionate, people focused and want to work in a family feel business then click APPLY now!
- As a Sales Advisor we want you to succeed, so you’ll learn all about our amazing products (we don't just sell sofas), we know you'll love them as much as we do, as well as going through our induction and training programme
- You’ll be able to make sure our customers know everything they need to know about all of our products, sharing with them all of your product knowledge and passion
- You’ll also help our customers to pick the perfect products for their homes, ensuring they feel welcome and comfortable when visiting our showroom, giving them the best customer experience possible from start to finish
DFS Group welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and would be particularly interested to hear from groups underrepresented such as BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates. We would also welcome applications from candidates from lower socio-economic backgrounds who are looking to take their first steps into the world of work and into learning.
This is a two year fixed-term contract, with the opportunity to go on and secure a permanent role with DFS and progress your career.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy will close early.
- Committed to your own development and learning whilst in your apprentice role
- A real passion for looking after our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Playing your part in the DFS family of being flexible and adaptable to support the team
- And finally…..bags of enthusiasm. We love when our colleagues are excited about coming to work and want to push themselves, and their teams
- Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Duke of Edinburgh Business Gold Award