What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of a Retail (Parts) Advisor Apprentice:
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers both in person and over the phone
- Developing relationships with other departments
- Preparing orders
- Meeting deadlines
- Stock control/Management
- Processing Warranty Claims and Payment
- Identifying Parts
- Business development/ Planning
- Marketing and Visual Merchandising
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Managing logistics including organising and arranging deliveries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will learn the key principles, practices and skills that underpin the role. You will achieve a Level 3 Retail Team Leader qualification to further develop and apply your skills in more complex situations.
Training is delivered at the state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Academy in Milton Keynes, via a block release programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Completing an apprenticeship is just the start of your career at Mercedes-Benz. Examples of some career paths our graduates have taken are:
- Parts process specialist
- Parts supervisor
- Parts manager
- After sales manager
- May lead to sales executive
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired