Retail Degree Apprenticeship
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY Enterprises Ltd
Retail Degree Apprenticeship
We’ll make you into a brilliant retail manager.
You’ll make Morrisons.
Now you don’t have to choose between starting your career or studying towards a degree. At Morrisons, we are giving hard-working school and college leavers the chance to have the best of both worlds.
Our Retail Degree Apprenticeship, delivered in partnership with the University of Bradford and Sheffield Hallam University, allows you to work towards a degree while preparing for a brilliant management career within our unique food retail business. Not only do we pay all your course fees for you, but you also get to work and earn a salary while you’re studying – so money is never a concern.
What you’ll be doing?
- Want to learn what it takes to keep a Morrisons store running smoothly? As a Retail Degree Apprentice, you will:
- Spend three years gaining the skills, knowledge and experience you need
- Learn about our store trading operations and systems
- Develop your project management skills by supporting live business projects
- Get an early taste of leadership when you take on responsibility for a team of colleagues within a department
- By the end of the three years you’ll be a Senior Manager in one of our stores, with accountability for a range of departments. Show us real potential, and you could even progress onto our Store Manager Development Programme
Make no mistake, retail management is not for everyone. It’s a fast-paced world where roles tend to be shift based, and where you often have to do early starts, late finishes and weekends, as well as working bank holidays and during peak times of the year. But if you love thinking on your feet at the heart of the action, and want to come up with new solutions to provide our customers with a great shopping experience, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Achieve a valuable degree
While you’re working with us, you’ll also be studying towards a BA (Hons) Retail Leadership Integrated Degree at Sheffield Hallam University. Balancing work and a degree course will be challenging. But we’ll offer you at least half a day leave a week to concentrate on your university studies.
At the end of the scheme the Degree Apprentice you’ll be a Senior Manager in one of our stores, with accountability for a range of departments.
Show us real potential, and you could even progress onto our Store Manager Development Programme.
- Good leadership skills
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the business
- 104 UCAS points
- Grade C (4) or more in maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent)
Training to be provided
Studying towards a BA (Hons) Retail Leadership Integrated Degree at Sheffield Hallam University
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.