- A general day would involve opening and getting the shop ready for the day
- Checking the shelves are tidy and adding stock if necessary
- Accepting deliveries of new stock, unpacking, and placing the stock in the correct location, and booking paperwork using the till/EPOS system
- Serving customers, showing them where things are located, carrying them to the car if necessary
- Preparing orders for delivery by collating lists, preparing paperwork, and booking out
- Being constantly aware of cardboard and packaging, boxes in the shop that need clearing to keep the space tidy and safe
- Answering the telephone and taking messages or answering any queries
- Sweeping/hoovering the floor, cleaning shelves and containers is an ongoing practice
- When animals are boarding - feeding, cleaning out, keeping an eye on their wellbeing
20% staff discount is available on all products for own pets.
A full-time position with increased responsibility, assistant manager.
- A genuine interest in the work and must be conscientious, forward-thinking and be happy to be part of a small team that involves all aspects of running a small business
- Organised with attention to detail
None required, but GCSE English and maths are desirable.
- Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills qualification will be provided if necessary