As a Restaurant General Manager Apprentice with KFC, you will be in control of the day-to-day running of the restaurant.
You will build and run a team that cares about quality and consistency in customer service and lead by example, ensuring that your restaurant is excelling and exceeding monthly sales targets.
You will be offered on the job training and the apprenticeship will support your development and beyond.
As a Trainee Management Development Apprentice, you will help run our multi-million-pound business. You will be responsible for leading team engagement and achieving world class results! Your job involves running the restaurant, proactively leading by example, and coaching the team at all opportunities. You will be a key player in controlling the business and most of all, making sure every customer that walks through our doors, is welcomed and leaves being our next biggest fan.
Please be aware that for this role you will need experience of leading a team in a hospitality or retail environment, with a proven track record of improving guest experience.
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR UP-TO-DATE CV TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the restaurant securely
- Overseeing that the restaurant is regularly cleaned - organising the cleaning schedules and doing spot checks to make sure it is being followed closely
- Seeing personally to your team member's development and growth
- Managing your team on shift and making sure customers are provided with the highest quality service
- Review guest feedback to guarantee continually improving customer satisfaction
- Plan for every potential opportunity to increase sales - including keeping an eye on any local events in the community and with competition
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly business reports for your restaurant, working with your Area Coach to develop growth plans
- Understand how your restaurants works within your community and understand what drives profit
- Making sure the team are clear on their sales goals at the beginning of every shift
- Ensure good practice around all cash handling and in-store banking procedures. You will have a strong understanding of how to control costs including labour costs, stock levels, ordering and deliveries
What does the training look like?
We start with the basics, you'll be side by side with our team members, learning how to cook our delicious chicken, build our burgers and delight our guests. Each section of our training is blended, including online learning and on the job training (got to get your hands dirty). All our leaders complete this training so that they can develop a full understanding of our business.
You'll then move onto your management training, starting with the Shift Leadership Programme. You will learn how to lead a great experience for our team and our customers, ensuring amazing product, with service that is never slow! There's continuous development for the right candidate, progressing up the career path with KFC.
In return for starting your apprenticeship with us, you will receive:
- Pay rate - FT Hourly Contract £10.68ph, moving to salary once you have completed training
- Eligible for management bonus once training complete
- Love KFC? You'll love enjoying staff meals on us
- 25% staff discount
- Online employee discounts at hundreds of retailers
Alongside your day-to-day work and training, you will be working towards your Hospitality Supervisor - Outlets L3 standard qualification which will be delivered through a blended social learning experience. This includes but is not limited to 1-to-1 visits from your regional trainer, self-study, and remote visits.
The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme which is designed to support you on your chosen career path. Once you are signed up onto the apprenticeship programme, you will be able to get students discounts through an N.U.S. card and you will be earning money while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification.
At KFC you will be working towards a Hospitality Supervisor Outlets Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Ongoing training and development within KFC as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
We are looking for those who have experience leading a team and are passionate about delivering world class customer service, with the following qualities:
- Retail or hospitality management experience
- A proven track record of improving the guest experience
- An understanding profit and loss and cost management
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Experience with decision making and leadership
- Previous experience of implementing ideas and delivering creative change in the workplace
- Understanding of HR disciplinary procedures
We love people growers, someone with a lot of energy, optimism and leaders who can learn and grow. We welcome people from all kinds of backgrounds and industries, if you have the right attitude and skills, we can teach you the rest! The ideal candidate will be an ambitious leader with a proven track record of:
- Great passion for developing people with a positive energy
- Driven to progress within a company, passion for learning and developing
- Providing coaching and support to a diverse team
- Emotional Intelligent, self-aware individuals who are always willing to learn
- Referred candidate is to be flexible across KFC sites
No qualifications are required for this role.
- Hospitality Supervisor - Outlets L3 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills in English and maths