As part of the Renault Manufacturer apprenticeship programme, you will receive training in the workplace from highly skilled Renault Technicians and attend block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby, over a period of 3 years and will achieve an IMI level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician qualification.
You will be taught how to repair, service and MOT cutting edge technology trucks, buses, luxury coaches and hybrids.
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies - Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
- To represent Sparks Commercial Vehicles and Renault Trucks respectively in a professional and courteous manner always when dealing with customers and the general public
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
A certain amount of administration is also required to maintain the vehicles repair and service records as well as Sparks Commercial Vehicles' records.
At Sparks, they pride themselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. They train their staff to the same high standards via our Technician Apprentice Programme - considered to be the best in the industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications Travel: Please check you are able to travel to Sparks Commercials Penzance branch easily each day.
Due to modern vehicle technology, we require an individual with good numeracy, literacy, and ICT skills.
Applicants for this position must have a keen interest in the motor industry.
- You don't need any previous automotive qualifications
- If you have achieved a level 2 or higher in heavy vehicle maintenance, you may not be eligible for the apprenticeship
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-4/A*-C in English and maths
This is a Renault Heavy Vehicle Service & Maintenance Manufacturer Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Training.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit's dedicated Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)