Star Refrigeration Limited have branches throughout the UK. They are recruiting two positions this year for their branches in Leeds and Manchester. These Apprentices will follow a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Programme over a 4 year period.
The first 6-10 months (dependent upon provider) of the Apprenticeship will be spent in a local Training Centre following a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. On completion of this workshop training the Apprentice will progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
This will be achieved through on the job assessment in the workplace. Apprentices will also study a Level 3 Technical Certificate during the first two years of their Programme.
During the Apprenticeship, the successful candidates will cover the following areas:
- Service, Maintenance and Installation of Refrigeration Systems and Components
- Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and working practices
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Safe Handling of Refrigerants (Including Ammonia and CO2)
- Electrical Systems
- Communication and Customer Care
We offer a competitive salary structure with 6 monthly increments providing training milestones are met and generous company benefits.
On completion of their programme, successful Apprentices will have every opportunity of progressing within the Company's Engineer Grading Structure.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You must be able to follow instruction closely with a practical and methodical approach
- Good communication skills are essential
- You must be motivated, with an enthusiastic desire to work in Engineering
GCSEs Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) in Mathematics, English Language and a Science subject.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
- Technical Certificate - Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Functional Skills if required