Recruitment Consultant/ Management Degree Apprentice
The Open University
About the role
- Source candidates using the latest software and telephone systems
- Interview candidates face to face and over the telephone
- Use business development techniques to attract new clients and develop existing ones
- Project manage client vacancies and present suitable candidates
- Network across the sector to focus on the best clients and candidates
As you learn you will be given an increasing amount of autonomy like running your own business within a team of colleagues. Nothing is more important than being in a job that one can be successful and happy in so matching candidates to companies is a skill that is very satisfying.
Salary and prospects:
- Basic salary £15,000 - £17,000
- No cap on earnings
- Place one candidate per month and typically earn £30k per annum
- Company profit sharing scheme
- Team Managers typically earn £45k plus
What existing apprentices say about the role
This is what the first two Management Degree Apprentices, Hollie Slater and Pierce Lindley, who joined Thornhvac in November last year, said about their roles.
“When it came to leaving college, both Pierce and I were certain that physically attending a University was not in our best interest, however, we did still both have a desire to get a degree. So when this opportunity came along for us, it was like winning the lottery.
For us, at the moment, the role entails 5 days working as a Recruitment Consultant in the HVAC industry. It is a sales role that requires a lot of training, perseverance and patience, however, it is extremely rewarding when things go well.
In May, we are due to start our Business Management Degree here through Thornhvac and will be studying for that 1 day a week over a 4-year period. There is an extensive amount of training and support given from our colleagues here at Thornhvac, and a welcoming feeling as soon as you walk through the door.
If you are considering applying for this role, speaking from experience, both Pierce and I can confidently say that you will not regret pursuing an opportunity like this.”
- Recruitment consultancy is very much a people business so applicants must be comfortable in a customer facing role
- A confident, proactive and well organised approach to work
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
Same as above.
- You are expected to have at least 200 points at A-level or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), and Maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above
Develop your career with us with an online Management Degree accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. This is an opportunity for those interested in Business Management, Sales or Marketing to Earn while you Learn to achieve a BA (Hons) in Management Practice without running up the traditional student debt.
It is a 4-year course with 20% of your week will be devoted to your studies and the rest of the time as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant with Thornhvac. The course is offered by two well- known universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.