The Receptionist & Reservations Apprentice will join our Front Desk team.
The role involves being the customer’s first point of contact throughout their experience with us. Jobs vary between guest assistance, reservations, sales, billing and department liaison.
Key Duties Include:
- Processing guest check-ins and check-outs
- Welcoming guests, assisting them and seeing to their needs
- Managing reservations: taking new bookings by phone, email or in person, allocating them accordingly
- Handling payments and issuing receipts and invoices for services sold including checking future booking deposits
- Monitoring email inbox during shift and handling guest or agent requests in a timely and professional manner
- Answering incoming phone calls and handling caller's inquiries (transferring calls, taking messages etc)
- Checking information relevant to shift including updates, outstanding payments, late arrivals/check-outs, no-shows, complaints etc.
- Organising and filing documents and correspondence
- Providing guests with useful information about local services including places of interest, restaurants, shops, attractions or transport
- Liaising with other departments (housekeeping, breakfast, maintenance, accounts) in order to maintain a constant mutual assistance
- Handling guest complaints
- Arranging guest luggage storage facilities
- Managing key collection sign in/out book for staff
- Using computer tools such as MS Office as well as specific software for the general running of the hotel
- Providing reports as required, for housekeeping and management including room service lists and end of shift payment reports
- Checking and reporting on reception money at start and end of shift
- Updating management of office supply needs
- Perform general office duties including wake up calls
- Ensure the correct lighting is on/off during your shift
- Observe heating times as per management request
- Ensure lounge is kept tidy
- Security duties including door locking, guests entry/exit and fire alarm checks
Exposure to the hospitality industry which gives you a comprehensive idea of all departments. Team members may discover interest in another department and they will be given the consideration to progress internally within a new team. The hotel is every growing and employees with the right work ethic and long terms attitude would be rewarded.
This a minimum of 30 hours per week; including 20% off the job. The starting rate is £4.50 per hour, this will increase as knowledge and skills are developed.
- Effective communication skills
- IT literate
- Customer service & people skills
- Problem handling, working under pressure
- Sales skills
- Good language skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and help and the ability to work unsupervised
A*-C/9-4 maths and English or equivalent.
However, the College would consider applicants with grade D/3 (or equivalent) in these areas with the expectation that the successful candidate would have to complete functional skills level 2 within the first year of the apprenticeship.
During your apprneticeship you will attend South Thames College to complete your Customer Service Level 2 Apprneticeship.
The Customer Service Standard will enable apprentices to deliver high quality products and services to customers of their organisation. The course will cover understanding the different needs of customers and managing their expectations. The apprentice will also understand their organisation's core values, policies and procedures including any complaints processes and digital media policies.