What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a front office position and requires confidentiality in all areas.
- You will learn how to maintain the MIS (Scholarpack).
- Operate a basic switchboard.
- Assist with orders, invoicing, school payment system, support the senior leadership team and other school staff with a wide range of jobs as they arise.
- This is a very busy (and friendly) office and you will need to have the ability to flexible and manage your workload.
- Full training will be provided in all systems, but a good understanding of Excel, Word and Teams would be helpful.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Internal Training
- First Aid
- A wide range of education base online training courses
Apprenticeship Programme: Business Administrator
Duration: 15 months
Course Type: Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship Delivery: Work based qualification. A tutor will visit you every 4-6 weeks in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship programme is made up of different units. Apprentices will be assessed on their knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout the apprenticeship and tracked online using an e-portfolio.
These are grouped into 3 themes which complement each other and are as follows:
- Core Business & Administration
- Managing Self & Personal Skills
- Using Resources & Achieving Results.
After each theme is complete, a Mock End Point Assessment is carried out to ensure apprentices are prepared for the End Point Assessment at the end of the programme.
After a minimum of 372 days and successful delivery of the programme, the end point assessment will take place. The end-point assessment is a synoptic assessment of the skills, behaviours and knowledge that have been developed throughout the apprenticeship.
End-Point Assessments will involve an independent assessor carrying out final assessments with the apprentice, to ensure that the competences and learning within the ‘Apprenticeship Standard’ have been met.
Apprentices can achieve a pass, merit or distinction dependent on how well they perform in their End-Point Assessment.
Apprentices also work towards a Level 2 qualification in English and maths in the first half of the programme if they have no prior exemption (GCSE’s A*-C or equivalents in English and Maths).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a permanent position available for the right applicant on completion of the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckReality Check - Holidays cannot be taken during term time.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 /C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C) Essential