The Receptionist / Administrator Apprentice will be offering reception and administrative support with duties including:
- Uphold the confidentiality of all patients when contacting the surgery
- Accurately record all computerised appointments
- Ensure that all patients are given an appropriate appointment with either the Doctor, Nurse Practitioner or Triage Doctor/Nurse. In case of an emergency comply with the protocols set down by the practice
- Register all new patients using the protocols set down – ensuring the correct completion of the appropriate form
- In conjunction with Practice protocol ensure that all prescription requests for repeat and acute medications are dealt with by the appropriate persons.
- Action requests for ambulance and hospital car transportation, complete appropriate on-line form and enter all information onto the patient’s computer medical record.
- Ensure that all outstanding messages and work is passed onto another member of staff before the end of your working day.
- Email and telephone responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity for a Receptionist / Administrator Apprentice to join a practice with approximately 9100 patients and 6 GPs. Other team members include 3 Practice Nurses, 1 Healthcare Assistant and 16 reception / administration staff. The Management team consists of the Practice Manager and Deputy Manager.
The Receptionist / Administrator Apprentice will be using a clinical system called EMIS. They will provide a point of contact for patients and act as a focal point of communication between patients, members of the team and other agencies.
- There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Pro rata 5.6 weeks holiday pay (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to join NHS Pension Scheme
- It is Practice policy that new staff members should not be registered with GPs at this surgery. If this is the case, the Practice Manager can facilitate the transfer of GP registration
- You may be subject to a DBS risk assessment
- You may be subject to a medical assessment
- The practice is an equal opportunities employer
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The ideal Receptionist / Administrator Apprentice will:
- Have sound ICT skills
- Be aware of the importance of confidentiality
- Have strong communication and customer service skills
- Be patient, polite, understanding and kind
It is desirable but not essential for applicants to have:
- Experience working in a customer facing or office role
- GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English with at least a grade C/4 are required
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.