- Greeting clients and visitors in a friendly, professional manner and keeping them well informed whilst dealing with their query;
- Providing new clients with the relevant paperwork for completion;
- Managing the switchboard, answer and transfering calls in a timely and efficient manner ensuring that full details of the client are taken;
- Ensuring reception area, waiting areas and interview rooms are clean, safe and tidy;
- Taking accurate messages in the absence of the fee earner or secretary;
- Keeping accurate records of all visitors/documents delivered and staff whereabouts;
- Post - opening post daily, collecting outgoing post and preparing for collection by either Royal Mail or DX;
- Opening and closing new files for all departments, electronically using Cognito and creating new file & sling for manual records;
- Packeting, indexing closed files and archiving in basement;
- Inputting time recording data and preparing weekly statistical report for distribution;
- Inputting data in a timely and efficient manner;
- Typing attendance notes;
- Opening and closing of the reception area;
- Receiving and storing stationary items and re-ordering toners/printers when required;
- Complying with Law Society/ Lexcel standards/office manual;
- Reviewing and communicating on Client feedback through Social Media/Google
- Raising company profile through social media
- Reviewing and communicating through the company Facebook page
- Reviewing A2 IT profiling
There is the potential for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. A few employees have joined via this method in the past.
- Free tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays
- Christmas office closure
It is essential that the Receptionist / Administration Apprentice has excellent interpersonal skills. Other essential criteria include:
- Proven organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations using tact and diplomacy.
- Effective IT skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience using social media.
- Experience of working in the capacity of a Receptionist.
- Customer Service certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of using a switchboard.
- Knowledge of using an accountancy package, preferably Cognito.
- Previous experience of Data Input.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English with at least a grade C / 4 are required.
Training to be provided: Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.