What will the apprentice be doing?
Working directly for the School Business Manager
- Managing the reception area, ensuring it is tidy and welcoming to all pupils, parents and visitors.
- Undertaking receptionist duties and general administrative and clerical support.Being first contact for visitors and managing enquiries.
- Taking responsibility for answering phone calls, dealing with the query of transferring/taking messages.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and ensure external mail is prepared for posting at the end of each day.
- Make appointments for the Headteacher and other members of staff as appropriate and maintain the school diary.
- Monitoring the main school email account and emails are forwarded/distributed in a timely manner.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard
- Duration: 12 Months - 15 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
- Training will be delivered by a blended approach of face to face at Twickenham and virtual.
- Where a Customer Service Practitioner has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are several career progression routes available such as a team leader, training officer, call centre manager, customer service team manager, customer service specialist and many more. You could also move into sales or account handling.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Importance of Confidentiality, Health & Safety Awareness, Equality & Diversity Awareness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired