Reception and Administration Apprentice
The Old Fire Station Surgery
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
Part of your job role will be to provide a major source of communication between patient
and GP's to maintain an efficient, high level of service in clerical and administrative procedures within the practice.
- Receiving patients
- Routing patients
- Making appointments and taking messages for all primary healthcare teams
- Ensuring that the surgery (doctor’s rooms and waiting area, etc.) are to the required standard to receive patients
- Filing of patients results and letters, etc.
- Filing of medical records
- Extracting medical records for clinics
- Ensure all outgoing mail is posted twice daily
- Keeping patient medical records in good order and condition
- Making appointments and taking requests for home visits
- Taking messages for all members of the primary healthcare team
- Dealing with patient enquiries
- Liaising with hospitals and outside agencies such as social services, etc.
- Dealing appropriately with the telephone and answerphone system
- Preparation of prescriptions both EPS and non-EPS for signing by GPs
- Extracting computer reports
- Logging in, shutting down and backing up of the computer system
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability.
The old fire station surgery are keen admirers of the apprenticeship scheme and have already had a very successful apprentice.
Your working hours will be Monday – Friday 08.30 am – 5.30 pm with 1 hour for lunch.
One late night of 6.30 pm per week.
If the apprentice proves to be successful with their duties, the role may be expanded once the apprenticeship is completed.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good telephone manner
- Communication skills
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Eager to learn
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, grades A*-C/9-4.
- A skills-based qualification in Business and Administration
- A knowledge-based qualification in Business and Administration
- A behaviour-based qualification in Business and Administration
- City & Guilds Business Diploma Level 3
- Functional Skills English, Maths, and ICT (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.