The Aspire Training Team are currently looking for a hardworking individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare apprenticeship with Rainbow Day Nursery in Poole.
Rainbow Day Nursery, which is one of the longest established nurseries in Poole, provides an environment which allows children to become absorbed in their own play, with the assistance of a safe, child-centred and stimulating environment, that meets each child’s needs as an individual. The nursery provides fundamental emotional security which is for all the children in their care that ranges from birth – five years.
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious, reliable and friendly person who is willing to use their own to provide the highest quality care within a loving family environment.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring the children are well looked after and safe at all times.
- Stimulate the children through play, singing and craft activities.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date.
- Keeping the nursery clean and tidy.
- Taking circle time
- Participating in both adult lead and child lead activities
- Read stories
- Helping children to use the outside mud kitchen
You ideally will have GCSE Grades A*-C in English Language and maths (or equivalent), or must be willing to re-sit the GCSE’s to achieve the required grades as they required upon completion of the apprenticeship.
You must be a reliable and conscientious individual who commits themselves to their work and have a keen eagerness to learn. To be successful for this role you must be imaginative, creative and be committed to a career within Childcare.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, working alongside qualified and experienced childcare professionals within a fantastic setting.
There is also the possibility of employment for the right candidate at the end of apprenticeship.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1