What will the apprentice be doing?
- As a Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) Rail Apprentice you will follow a three-year programme
- Completing work placements across a variety of disciplines
- Working with signalling and telecommunications.
- Attend academic and professional training.
- Achieve the relevant safety accreditation
- Experience and evidence to attain relevant competencies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
working towards a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship. The programme will be delivered in partnership with Escalla via a block release delivery model. Training will be delivered at the Escalla training facility at Angel Islington, with approximately 5 study weeks over the first 12 months on programme. At the end of the apprenticeship you will go through an End Point Assessment to ensure occupational competence prior to progressing your career with Thales.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the programme you will move into a permanent role within our Ground Transportation Systems business.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's incl Maths, English & a Science subject (Grade A-C / 5-9) Essential