RAF CIT - Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
DEFENCE, MINISTRY OF
- Repair and recover communication equipment
- Investigate and fix faults with antenna systems, fibre optic links and radomes
- Assemble and install communications infrastructure like masts and fibre optics
Similar civilian roles include: Telecommunications Technician.
As a Communication Infrastructure Tech there are various opportunities at developing your skill sets. As you undertake new roles, you will have the chance to take courses that will help you meet the challenges in your new posts, such as; CISCO networking, CIDA, Project Management and Defence Instruction Techniques (DIT). Your First Tour For your first assignment, you will be posted to an RAF base in the UK with experienced TG4 CIT’s, where you will be part of small teams responsible for maintaining various RAF stations communications within the UK or Overseas. You will have the opportunity to develop a range of skills which include maintenance of aircraft ground support and navigation aids communications, Fibre optics and structured cabling, radome maintenance and installations and mast and tower construction. The skills and experience you gain throughout your career as a Communication Infrastructure Tech in the RAF will equip you for a number of civilian jobs in the public and private sector. These include: Wind turbine Technicians, Network & Data Communications Engineers, Mast & Towers Telecoms Technicians & Power Engineers.
To join the RAF you will also need to meet fitness, health, nationality, residency, and other criteria detailed on the RAF Recruitment website.
Please view the eligibility criteira on the RAF Recruitment website.
17-48 (Must Attest before 48th Birthday)
GCSE at Grade C (Grade 4 to 5 with effect from Aug 17) or SCE Standard at Grade 2/Scottish National 5 in English and Mathematics.
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Information and Communications Technology
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.