What will the apprentice be doing?
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the client’s needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will follow a five year day-release training programme as part of our RICS-accredited programme. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
The following qualifications will be gained:
- BSc Quantity Surveying or equivalent level 6 Quantity Surveying Diploma
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be given a career path on joining that will take you through the different roles and experiences you should gain through the apprenticeship. You will start as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor and work through Assistant QS to Quantity Surveyor.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade A-C) Essential