The role of a Quality Technician:
- Able to read and interpret 2D CAD drawings, dimensional tolerances and their translation to the inspection of incoming materials and parts plus finished components and our manufactured products
- Ensure that components meet defined and agreed specification
- Inspection and the use of traditional measuring tools and equipment
- Reporting non-conformance
- Create preventive actions and complete
- Monitor production quality
- Initiate and progress root cause analysis
- Managing the findings and close out corrective or preventive actions
- Working knowledge of ISO2015: 9001 quality standards
- Retain and keep up to date with changes and improvements
- Quality system maintenance
- Conduct internal audits of the Quality Management System
- Report, log and track non-conformances to their closure
- Create and/or update work instructions with the Quality Supervisor’s support
- Assist with and undertake manufacturing product quality training
- Emphasizing quality practices and procedures
- Ensure safe and correct working practices
- Contact with shop floor personnel required daily
The role reports directly into the Quality Supervisor and will act as the first point of contact in their absence for quality matters.
Health & Safety awareness of self and those around you is of high importance.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in an engineering business. On successful completion of the apprenticeship the individual will take up a full time role as Quality Technician.
This is a manufacturing environment and requires the use pf personal protective equipment (PPE). The PPE supplied is footwear, gloves, workwear, eye protection and hearing protection. You will be in contact with metal, welding and cutting. There are rotating parts on the machines. There is 25 days holiday plus public holidays.
- An eye for detail with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Word)
- Good written and verbal communications
- A self-starter with initiative
- Ability to work alone
- Team working to meet deadlines
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade 5/C+ or above in maths and English is essential
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C or above in Science is desirable
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.