What will the apprentice be doing?
- Promote highest Health & Safety standards, ensure a safe working environment.
- Assist the Planning Manager in pre-production planning for both bespoke and standard products.
- Assist ensuring that manufactured products are of an acceptable standard
- Ensuring that evidence to support the quality assurance of our products is up to date
- Assist Planning and Transport Managers with any administrative tasks
- Understand quality procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with relevant BS EN standards
- Daily, weekly + monthly inspections in line with the FPC and customer requirements
- Taking samples in the form of concrete cubes + carrying out necessary tests in order to demonstrate product compliance.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Procurement & Supply Chain Assistant Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Company is growing rapidly and there will be opportunities to progress into supervisor/manager roles.
Reality CheckYou will be working on a concrete manufacturing site outside and in large manufacturing sheds. There will be a certain amount of machinery noise. The location of this site does not have a public transport route.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential