What will you be doing?
You will assist and support the Quality & Assurance Team in the administration and organisation of the department, whilst ensuring that all relevant Company Group & Sector Specific Procedures and Policies are met, in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Preparation of documents, correspondence and the suitable filing and recording of them
- Organisation of meetings and appointments for the Team to include the assurance landscape
- Maintaining various registers for the Team, including Non-Conformance and Process Improvement, and follow up outstanding responses/ actions where required
- Assist in the preparation of Management Reports, including Board, Sector and HSEQ
- Taking and maintaining the minute records of Quality & Assurance Team meetings and following up on actions required
- Maintain holiday and sickness records for the Team
- General administration duties as required by the Team
- Support the Assurance Change Controller in maintaining/ updating/ implementing reporting tools
Internal Audit Programme and External Surveillance:
- Maintaining the Assurance Activities Calendar
- Assist the Assurance Change Controller in the organisation, preparation and facilitation of External Surveillance visits
- Support the Team in recording and filing Internal Audits
- Maintain register of Audit Findings and chase outstanding actions/ close-out
Integrated Business Management Systems:
- Assist the Assurance Change Controller in maintaining the Integrated Business Management System, to include document control, upload and withdrawal
- Support the Assurance Change Controller in the update/ creation of Management System documents ensuring correct format and branding
- Maintain the archive for IBMS Master Files (Document Originals and Master PDF Files)
An apprenticeship in business administration opens up a number of future career prospects in the construction industry, with progression opportunities in areas of commercial or operational administration and business support roles.
There may be an opportunity to secure a permanent role with the business at the end of your qualification.
Driving licence / own transport is desired due to the location of the role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, incl. Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Good written and presentation skills
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferred, but willing to accept less if right candidate/ attitude
- Organised and process orientated
- Can-do attitude
- Natural attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
AS or A Level qualifications (or equivalent) are preferred.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of onsite tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace, and you will not need to attend any off-site training.