The Apprentice will learn and demonstrate the ability to:
- Learn and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be competent in that role
- Provide excellent and empathic customer service
- Work with supplier partners to ensure targets are met
- Manage external stakeholders’ expectations
- Distribute information to teams, via post, email or regular reporting
- Log and archive title-specific documentation that arrives off-system
- Receive and process orders/invoices as required
- Assist on department projects as required
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship a certificate will be issued formally recognising this achievement and will mark the end of the 18-month fixed-term Apprenticeship. Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory 20% period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You will not be able to complete an Apprenticeship in a role if you already hold the same level or higher existing qualification in digital marketing.
- Ability to explain why you have the potential we’re looking for
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved or be expecting to achieve 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- A proactive and ambitious attitude
- Some experience with Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation: the drive to achieve
- Adaptable: able to respond quickly to change and work to deadlines
- A team player willing to build good working relationships and has a positive attitude and professional manner
- Great attention to detail
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action. You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in maths and English.
- Level 3 Publishing Assistant Apprenticeship (Standard)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths (if applicable)
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment in order to successfully achieve your apprenticeship