The successful candidate will become conversant in Engineering practice within the company, including Prototype assembly (electrical / mechanical) Prototype test (electrical / mechanical) Engineering drawing and design, Engineering reports. You will be completing 4 days per week of in-house training whilst supported with 1 day per week of college-based learning.
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of every production task in compliance with company procedures, approved engineering data and local Health and Safety requirements. Ensure Safe Systems of Work and risk assessments (assisting as necessary in the completion of risk assessments) are adhered to for all engineering activities
- Producing Prototype assemblies for evaluation to Engineering instructions and legislation with the support of the Engineering team
- To prepare assembly and test documentation and reports by collecting and analysing information in collaboration with technical team
- Produce Prototype components using a variety of machinery, tools, and materials
- Conduct both electrical and mechanical testing on prototype equipment in line with international standards and Engineering needs
- Produce and modify Engineering drawings in line with company standards
- Produce Engineering build instructions for Manufacturing sites UK and overseas with the support of Industrial Engineering team
- Feedback technical information to Engineering project teams to help make informed decision in a timely manner in-line with project goals
- Help support Prototype and design engineers on external testing in both UK and overseas facilities
- Geographical scope Engineering department Thame with possible overseas travel
- Working with all areas of the UK Engineering team.
- Conducting High Voltage electrical testing in compliance with IEC standards and Health and safety legislation
- Use variety of hand tools and measuring equipment
- Use of machine tools including lathe, mill, and grinders
- Working on Microsoft Word and Excel to produce Engineering reports and documentation
- Using CAD to produce Engineering drawings
- Working to all COSHH and PPE regulations
Full support with additional training and a solid career pathway.
Benefits and perks:
- Good starting salary
- Diverse engineering experience
- International exposure
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Good communication skills
- Champions the importance of adherence to the organisation’s Environmental, Health and Safety management systems, actively displays and promotes a safety-first culture within the organisation
- A keen interest pursuing a career in engineering, alongside a commitment to continuously learn new skills
- Operates in a systematic, proactive, and transparent way
- Actively promotes the case for the adoption of emerging and advanced engineering and manufacturing technologies to optimise performance
- Takes full responsibility for own professional development, seeking opportunities to enhance knowledge, skills, and experience. Keeping abreast of developments in engineering design processes and materials
- Complies with statutory and organisational health & safety regulations and policies at all times. Accepts responsibility for their workload with a responsible approach to risk. Demonstrates a high level of motivation and resilience when facing challenge
- Creates and maintains positive, professional, trusting, and ethical working relationships with their team and the wider range of internal, external, and connected stakeholders
- Acts professionally with a positive and respectful attitude
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, maths, and a science or Technology subject.
Level 3 Engineering Fitter apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house Competency Training Plan (Skills).
- Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME Knowledge) at College (1 day per week over 2 years)