Property Maintenance Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship
Apprentice Builder to cover all aspects of the building trade. This includes going to customers homes doing all aspects of building. A Hill builders currently work along an estate agents doing maintance and repairs, this would involve damp proofing, replastering, roof repairs, plumbing works. We also cover house renovations which includes extensions, rebuilds, new kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms.
We also offer a damp proofing service which manages all aspects of damp, including damp proofing, rising damp, dry and wet rot etc. This involves:
- Hacking the walls off
- Injecting damp proof into the wall
- Replastering the affected area
- Sometimes this can be one wall in a house and other times it can be the full house
The end goal is for the correct candidate to become a separate team with their own apprectice and myself and the candidate would work together across jobs.
- There may be heavy lifting at times
- Work has to go ahead in all weathers
- Ability to work safely and responsibly
- Ability to communicate to a variety of people
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use your own initiative
- Own transport advantageous but not essential
- Interest in the construction industry, previous experience/qualifications useful but not required
- Exceptional time keeping
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Have a drive to succeed
GCSE maths and English at Grade C or above or Functional Skills equivalent.
If applicants do not have these, they will be required to sit an initial assessment at Preston's College and offered the chance to study maths and English.
Full training to be provided on the job and one day taught at Preston's College.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.