An excellent opportunity to work for one of the largest and well-respected employers in the country!
The primary role of a Property Maintenance Operative is to optimise the condition of our properties to a high standard, ensuring the building is safe at all times. Property Maintenance Operatives need to maintain a high level of quality and provide maximum satisfaction to colleagues and customers. They will learn and understand the mechanism of buildings; including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. They will also deliver the first and immediate response to fault-finding; maximising quality, ensuring cost-effectiveness and delivering stores that serve Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
The job will involve working with experienced maintenance professionals at various locations across the region, so a full driving licence is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices
- Complying with Tesco safety, policies and procedures
- Identifying hazards and reducing them
- Carrying out daily maintenance; including fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLAs
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work that needs to be escalated
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix
We are recruiting nationwide; London, Bradford, Brighton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Derby, Durham, Exeter, Ipswich, Kendal, Lancaster, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Yeovil, York.
You will spend 80% of your time in store, and the remaining 20% will be spent on off-the-job training.
Long term career prospects and possible permanent contract of employment on completion of apprenticeship.
Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills may enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist and Supervisory and Management roles across a wide range of sectors.
Candidates will need to drive and preferably have access to their own transport, but this is not essential.
Apprentices will need to ensure that they can make their own travel arrangements to a location of training and between places of work.
The areas currently being recruited for are Nationwide: London, Bradford, Brighton, Cambridge, Carlisle, Derby, Durham, Exeter, Ipswich, Kendal, Lancaster, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading, Slough, Swindon, Yeovil and York
As part of the recruitment process / interview, you will complete a variety of tasks depending on the role, including a face-to-face interview. You will be given the opportunity to 'have a go' at the type of work you have applied for: this could be on the shopfloor, or completing a driving assessment. This will give you the opportunity to decide if we are the right for you and if we think you are right for us.
These vacancies will be filled across 3 cohorts with varying start dates - 10th June, 10th August and 10th September.
- The understanding and ability to demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Strong working knowledge in using smartphones and tablets
- Good time management
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Have a flexible attitude
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Persists in the face of adversity
- Thorough approach to work
- Grade A-C/8-4 GCSEs or equivalent, to include maths and English
- Full UK Driving Licence required (as you will cover stores in an area)
You will learn and understand the mechanism of buildings; including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment.
As part of the standard learners will complete the City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Property Maintenance (9673-11).
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Standard