A Property Maintenance Operative will need to be able to:
- Undertake training to relevant skill level
- Attend college where appropriate
- Submit a portfolio of evidence to support your achievement of the qualification
- Complete a research assignment and multiple choice test before completing a Practical end Assessment
- Undertake site based training
- Undertake activities as instructed by the supervision technician
- Develop strong QSHE skills
- Support tradesman in their work as required
- Regularly communicate with site manager and mentor
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. Completing the Property Maintenance apprenticeship will enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management, across a wide range of sectors.
You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile in addition to following the application instructions to complete your application for this vacancy.
If you are statemented as dyslexic, or have any other official statement of additional learning needs and require additional support at the JTL Assessment, please contact our Customer Service Team immediately on 01978 665401.
You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision, please download the JTL Colour Vision Certificate http://www.jtltraining.com and take to your local optician and ask them to carry out the test and complete the form for you. Please then send in to the address on the form before the closing date.
- Good problem solving skills
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A methodical approach to work
- An ability to pay close attention to detail
- A commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- Willingness to learn
- Good practical aptitude
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
All candidates must complete the JTL Entry Assessment
JTL offers an Intermediate level (Level 2) apprenticeship which is achieved after approximately two years. As part of the JTL Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship, you'll be in full time employment with a local company receiving a decent wage from day one.
You'll spend time learning your trade by gaining hands-on experience working on-site with your employer, as well as attending a JTL approved college or training centre to learn the theoretical knowledge you will need.
For the Apprenticeship, the standard reflects a level of competence and knowledge, namely:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and reporting procedures of a property maintenance operative
- Health and Safety in property maintenance
- Apply customer service in property maintenance
- Carry out painting and tiling tasks
- Plan and carry out preventative property maintenance
- Carry out plumbing and maintenance repairs
- Carry out electrical testing and repairs
- Understand and maintain heating ventilation and air conditioning plant
- Internal and external building fabric maintenance
- Understand energy, environment and sustainable practices within property maintenance
- Control of property maintenance related resources and equipment
- Working with external contractors
2,000 people a year begin a course delivered by JTL, getting qualifications, real life job experience and realising their potential.
We can get you there too.