An Apprentice Maintenance Operative will provide support to the Maintenance Officer when conducting any repairs and inspections for properties along with fire alarm testing. They will maintain accurate records of all inspections. The Apprentice will support the Maintenance Officer in following the preventative maintenance programme. This will help them gain first-hand experience and skills to inspect, detect and report.
Duties will include:
- Assist the Maintenance Officer to carry out an approved programme of testing, inspection and servicing to fixtures & fittings at our Keyworker schemes in Hammersmith & Hanwell
- Assist the Maintenance Officer in carrying out minor repairs and replacements at these schemes
- Develop knowledge of the building & installations in order to be able to carry out first response investigation of repairs issues & report to the appropriate contractor
- Maintain accurate records of all inspections and testing, fire alarm activations and stock
- Work with contractors attending site to ensure access as required & ensure repairs are completed within timescale and in satisfactory manner
- Prioritise and organise workload to maximise efficiency
- Be effective member of on-site team and actively contribute to the team meeting its targets
- Develop excellent customer relationship skills through training & practical on-site experience
- Provide an excellent repairs service through developing relationships with other interested parties- Trust, College, Joint Venture maintenance team, 3rd party contractors
- Attend educational establishment, complete course work and carry out practical assignments as identified
- Carry out all work being mindful of Health & Safety good practice and Legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to work towards an excellent and rewarding career in Facilities Management.
- Communicates effectively
- Problem solving approach
- Client/Customer focus and interaction
- Ability to create effective working relationships
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to comply with company policies and procedures
- Have a flexible attitude
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Persists in the face of adversity
- Ownership of work and follow through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Take ownership of situations
- Work independently and as part of a team
- A drive for efficiency and value for money
- Ability to understand limitations within the role
- A drive for quality and excellence
A minimum of D/3 or equivalent in maths or English the other will be A*-C/9-4 or equivalent will be required.
Any additional relevant qualifications would be advantageous.
- Property maintenance operative Level 2
You will be assigned a mentor from day one to support you with any ongoing on the job training and your personal development plan. In addition to this you will be working toward an Apprenticeship Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative qualification with South Thames College Group. Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will be a gateway to further career opportunities and enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and Management roles e.g. Facilities Management.
This study will be completed one day a week remotely and will form part of you working week. The Apprenticeship will last two years but on average the time it would normally take to complete the course material is 12-18 months in which at the end you will receive your Level 2 qualification.