Property Information/Business Administrator Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
East Suffolk Council
A unique opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Development Management team. This apprenticeship opportunity could be your ideal first step on the career ladder in the Planning or Building Control field.
You will learn how to maintain accurate land and property records on both GIS and on database systems. You will also be trained to provide support and advice service to end users and colleagues within the Council regarding the use of land and property systems.
- Preparation and/or collation of information relevant to the job, and it’s use
- To generally assist with the administrative/clerical work and efficient operation of the Property Information and Land Charge Service
- To type all types of documents including letters, reports, and property enquiries, etc. as required, to include the use of word processing and other computer software packages
- To type and assist in the preparation of Registration, Full Search, Environmental Information Regulations & Freedom of Information Act requests
- To retrieve information from computerised data, microfiche, registers, files and other records including applications and consultation responses submitted electronically
- To maintain the Local Land Charges (LLC) Register and other land and property records. Ensure the validity of the LLC Register for its ongoing correctness in accordance with statutory legislation and national conventions
- To carry out indexing of documents into the Corporate Document Management System. These may include both hard copy documents and those received electronically as well as large format drawings and the need to complete quality checks and any necessary remedial action
- To process land and property enquiries received under the Environmental Information Regulations, Freedom of Information Act and Local Land Charges Act. Register and validate all enquiries
- Communication and consultation with staff and managers
- To assist in the arrangement of meetings, produce and circulate agendas and take notes
- To assist in the provision of specialist support and advice to end users and service areas within the Council regarding the use of Land and Property Systems
- Preparation and dissemination of information for or to other teams within the organisation
- To maintain both manual and computer records/filing systems accurately and up to date
- To process Planning and Building Regulation applications using the Council’s GIS system
- Accounting and financial responsibilities, including budgeting
- To collect fees including the verification of BACS payments, cheques and ensure financial regulations re complied with
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required compatible with and/or arising from those listed above
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values of our organisation
East Suffolk Council has an established and successful apprenticeship scheme, which has seen over 80% of its apprentices stay on beyond their apprenticeships to develop promising careers with the Council.
The successful candidate may be required to work at either Riverside, Lowestoft or East Suffolk House, Melton.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to work independently and use initiative but within a team environment
- Computer literate with at least 2 years keyboard/typing experience
- Word and Excel experience
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Able to follow written processes
- Ability to accept changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to handle interruptions
- Helping members of the public – customer focussed
Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and maths.
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in English & maths at Level 2 if required
- 20% off the job training which can include Workshops, E-Learning, Apprentikit, Coursework, Research Topics
- End Point Assessment Mocks
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.