Functions and responsibilities:
- Every project, in any given context, whether large or small, needs to be managed to ensure its success. A successful Project Manager understands what needs to be achieved, how it can be achieved, how long it will take and how much it will cost, and works with the project team to achieve the desired outcomes
- Project Managers are responsible to the sponsor/owner for the end-to-end delivery of a project. They have responsibility for delivering the project within defined objectives, taking decisions to manage partner expectations by leading a multi-skilled, cross-disciplinary team to deliver the project to time, cost and quality requirements. Using their unique knowledge, skills and leadership behaviours project managers will lead the social, legal and environmental implications of their project. In addition, they will lead a variety of collaborations with the organisational entities involved in the project, reporting to the project sponsor and working within the requirements of the programme and portfolio as appropriate. A project manager must also have the competencies to contribute to benefits management and realisation, consolidating appropriate metrics to report thus ensuring that identified business benefits are achieved
- Increasingly, organisations employ Project Managers to transform processes or implement change to become more efficient and effective. This may require leading interdisciplinary teams within various organisational structures and across organisations
- Project Managers bring resources with suitable skills and experience together in a coordinated and motivated team, with clearly defined reporting lines, roles, responsibilities and authorities
- Strong communication skills are a must as you plan, capture, report, coordinate and support the governance process during meetings and update documentation associated with projects as given by the sponsor/owner in line with local requirements
All details will be confirmed upon interview.
This is a 4-year fixed term contract opportunity based within UK Operations at the Macclesfield site offering £18,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail
- Strong client-facing and collaboration skills; coordinating and influencing outcomes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organisation, leadership and management skills
- Experience of Microsoft packages including Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word is preferred
- Flexible and autonomous approach to work
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4/A*-C including maths and English
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve 3 A levels, Grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent
AstraZeneca will support you through your Project Manager degree for 42 months.
The degree apprenticeship combines working, earning a full-time salary, with fully funded part-time university learning (equating to 20% off the job each week). This will give you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification, just as you would if you went to university full-time, with the advantage of gaining relevant work-life skills and the excitement of helping to develop new medicines whilst taking your first steps towards an exciting career!