What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the management of day-to-day PMO activities
- Build and establish relationships with Programme/Project
- Run one or more short-term projects which are identified as priority by the PMO Manager
- Assist in the collection and generation of project data for key reports
- Ensure the project master list is up to date
- Support the arrangement of the quarterly review meetings
- Lead and support the development of the monthly PMO report and ensure that the report is submitted on time and to the appropriate quality standards
- Work with the PMO Manager to support project documentation storage
- Be the subject matter expert on key PMO activities
- Support with scheduling and preparation of PMO led meetings e.g. governance meetings and action log
- Contribute to a thriving “Community of Practice” (internal CGT Catapult stakeholder group)
- Support the implementation of project management standards across the CGT Catapult, through training and workshops etc.
- Review and recommend creative ideas in improving the group’s communication and training methods
- Manage online information, including a SharePoint and MS Teams site
- Drive good communication within the Project Management Office and the wider programme delivery team, including the organisation of team meetings, regular communications and management of the team’s mailbox
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be allocated a portion of their working week in which to undertake the academic element of their apprenticeship. The apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 in Business Administration. Learning is delivered online.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, and depending on business need, the apprentice will be offered the opportunity to continue within the PMO team in a permanent role.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Initiative, Highly motivated, Pragmatic, Willing to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Any science subject (Grade 4) Desired
A Level or equivalent Two A Levels in any subject area (Grade C) Essential