Looking for a great start to your career in Project Management, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award-winning scheme? We are looking to recruit the experts of the future on our nationally recognised, award-winning Apprenticeship Programmes.
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. There may also be opportunities to travel between the Company’s UK and international sites to meet with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
How this role fits in:
Leonardo’s four year Degree Apprenticeship specialising in Project Management is looking for people who understand the importance of communication, who are able to work well as part of a team and also on their own initiative. You will have the drive and commitment to work through difficult problems to find the right solutions.
As a Degree Apprentice Project Manager you will work within the Integrated Project Teams gaining the skills and knowledge to deliver complex projects, utilising strong internal and external customer facing skills. The role will introduce you to all aspects of Project Management including, contract status reviews, risk management, lifecycle management and financial management. Working with our experienced project managers you will support project execution and delivery within the Integrated Sensing and Protection line of business. You will engage in a series of placements within different functions or departments in the business to gain a rounded experience and set you up for a final placement in a Project Management role.
You will study with one of our academic partners for completion of a BSc Honours degree in Project Management through a mixture of work based learning, distance learning and day release at University. This will be achieved by completing the Project Management Apprenticeship standard (ST0411). On successful completion, you will be eligible to become full member of Association for Project Management (APM), the Chartered Body for the Project Profession.
We need people who understand the importance of our customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 4 year degree programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Project Management community involved in a variety of world leading products.
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, a patience for problem solving, as well as a need to comply with safety instructions and clear process compliance at all times. We view commitment to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Note: This Apprenticeship assumes the candidate has little professional project management experience and is NOT suitable for candidates who already have a business related degree.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Establishing close working relationships with key stakeholders
- Supporting the control of cost, schedule and quality
- Developing and maintaining monthly performance metrics to support monitoring and reporting
- Identifying and taking swift corrective action where projects are failing
During the programme, you will be required to spend up to one day a week at University. You will:
- Gain knowledge and skills in Governance Frameworks; The Business Environment; Stakeholder and communications management; Control of projects in terms of time, cost and quality; Risk Management; Commercial and Contract management; Project Change Control and Schedule Management
- Develop behaviours in Leadership, Collaboration and teamwork; Personal and Professional Responsibility; Integrity, ethics, and professionalism and Innovation and Resourcefulness
- Develop business knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Practice the full project management lifecycle
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay - these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select App degree nonSTEM.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Develop customer focus
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Want continuous improvement
- Able to work together
You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
- 3 x A Levels (A*- C) one of which must be English, Maths or a Business related subject (or the equivalent)
- An alternative Level 3 qualification, which must be a business-related subject
- GCSE (Grade 4 - 9 / A*- C) in Maths and English
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the next generation of engineers.
BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree.