- Perform practical work in a safe and controlled manner to ensure both quality of work and the safety of yourself and others
- Oversee preparation and finalisation of experimental investigations Support with experimental investigations
- Support the analysis and report on results of experimentation
- Support the production of prototype designs based upon experimentation results Manufacture prototypes for visualisation as well as test purposes.
- Manage suppliers to ensure ordered parts are delivered on schedule, to cost and to specification.
- Provide regular update on progress to line manager
- Ensure that Tribosonics is a healthy and safe working environment
- Conduct work for Tribosonics in a professional manner.
- Assist with other tasks as requested, including being responsible for the laboratory or office on a rota basis
- Play a role in improving the company
- Follow works procedures carefully
- Results are both accurate and repeatable.
- Results recorded in a clear manner and well documented.
- Compliance to H&S regulations and Tribosonics practices.
- Read and understand risk assessments
- Prepare lab/workshop with correct materials and equipment
- Pack away materials and equipment after testing
- Source materials and equipment from suppliers
- Carry out testing Recording of data/findings
- Take responsibility for testing documentation
- Be professional if carrying out work on client sites
- Carry out data processing
- Plot results in suitable formats (Excel) Care taken with data formatting Assist with the writing of reports
- Data and results sufficiently documented and archived so they may be used in the future.
- Research other solutions and carefully document findings
- Brainstorm possible solutions
- Sourcing components from bill of materials
- Carry out machining on milling machine and lathe Manage the process of outsourcing more complex machining tasks.
- Prototypes are to be of high quality
- Create method statements, risk assessments Create packing lists and resource sourcing Support line manager during industrial visits
- Progression within the company, long term career opportunities
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT skills (able to do word processing, use spreadsheets, send and receive emails and use the internet)
- Good organisational and time management skills Some experience working with hand tools
- An interest in engineering
- Determination to succeed
- An interest in solving problems
- 5 GCSE Grades 9-5 (A*-C) including mathematics, English and Science, plus 2 additional GCSEs
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering with 120 credits at distinction-merit level; or equivalent qualifications such as Cambridge Technicals
- A minimum of two A-Levels at grade C or above, including a mathematical based subject and a science, technology, engineering or an additional mathematics related subject
- EAL Diploma - Distinction
Engineering Manufacturing Technician Higher Apprenticeship Standard:
- 4 years training to be provided by the AMRC Training Centre
- Degree to be obtained through The University of Sheffield