The role involves working closely with the best technical experts in the industry who design, deploy, and support leading edge Cisco technology solutions and services for clients. The Project Coordinator will be a part of the Project Management Office (PMO) and provide essential support to a Project Manager in the planning and execution of medium to large scale projects. They will also take responsibility for the successful implementation of smaller projects, working directly with clients and third party suppliers.
Client projects are hugely varied in scope, size, and complexity, from private sector deployments taking only a few days, through to university cross-campus infrastructure refreshes rolled-out over several months.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Provide day to day support to the Head of Projects for the operational aspects of the PMO, recording and tracking project status through our NetSuite ERP system
- Support the Project Manager in planning, resource scheduling, and project administration
- Coordinate the activities of various teams across the business including sales operations, logistics and warehouse, technical, finance, and sales account management
- Run reports relating to budgets, time-recording, utilisation, and availability of our technical resources
- Liaise with third party suppliers, agreeing and planning timelines, and driving the quality of deliverables
- Help identify and manage project risk and issues through recording logs
To be discussed during the apprenticeship.
ITGL is a friendly and supportive working environment, in fact our people say it is like a family. Everyone is valuable, and everyone makes a difference.
‘Partners in Positivity’ captures our attitude to everything we do. We expect excellence from all our people and we do what is right, not just what is easiest. We bring positivity to work no matter how challenging the situation, and strive to be judged on the positive impact we have on our clients and society.
Flexible home working is available.
Candidates suited to this role will have:
- Personality that thrives on taking control and being at the centre of activities and decision-making
- Thorough and analytical approach to planning with an eye for detail
- Ability to identify potential problems and risks ahead of time
- Skills and desire to build relationships, either virtually (video-conferencing) or in person
- Proactive approach to teamwork across the business
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Ability to question and challenge without confrontation
- Resilient tenacity, to see things through to completion
- Excellent organisational skills motivated by the seamless execution of their plan
- Disciplined organisation, to use tools, systems, and processes to deliver projects
- Focus and determination to achieve deadlines through multi-tasking, prioritisation, and managing change
- A-level or equivalent in relevant area
You will be working alongside experts with decades of experience in the industry as an IT apprentice. Whilst you study towards your Digital & Technology Solutions Specialist, you will be working in a full-time role supporting our IT team of experts.
This is a 4 year programme, which will allow you to gain a degree in Digital and Technology Solution Specialist and at the same time apply your learning in the workplace.
We are ready to pass on our knowledge and develop the right candidate to be a professional in this ever-evolving field.