Production Team Leader Apprenticeship - Degree (Level 6)
Kismet Kebabs Ltd
Anglia Ruskin University
Duties to include:
- You will lead the team to achieve the production plans
- Oversee production quality, output, training and performance
- Lead by example, as part of the role will be working as part of the team in production on assembly line
- Ensure the final products meet standard specifications
- Liaise with Production Manager on a day to day basis to make sure production plans are met
- Encourages a team working environment, with fair distribution and allocation of work, and the opportunity to assist with all work varied work tasks provided to all
- First point of contact for people related issues within the team, escalating to the Operations Manager when necessary
- Works with the Operations Manager to determine skill requirements and training needs
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection of team members
- Keeping accurate records and ensuring adequate cover is arranged for holiday and sickness, including holding individual return to work meetings when required
- Assisting with the development and implementation of firm initiatives
- Ensures the firm's policies and procedures are followed
- Ensuring that all operatives are working in a safe and controlled environment
As a new Apprentice in one of our successful teams, you will be working alongside skilled professionals who will coach and guide you throughout your career journey with us. To start with, you will follow a tailored plan to support your studies and in work learning. As you build your skills and experience, you will get the opportunity to become more involved with taking ownership of tasks and making a real difference.
You will be mentored and managed by a selected member of the team.
The degree can be started in Jan 2020 if you are interviewed by 28th Nov. After this date the degree will start in May 2020, the job will commence in Dec.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good range of communication and people skills
- Exceptional organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise the department's workload
- Leads by example
- Excellent attention to detail, and able to provide guidance to others
- Proactive and always striving to achieve the best from own work as well as the work from the team
- Approachable at all times
- Supportive and promoting of change has a positive attitude and desire to drive forward new or improved initiatives
- Able to remain calm and focused during times of peak workload or during difficult situations
- Discrete, diplomatic and completely confidential with personnel and client information
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
You are expected to have at least 200 points at A-level or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), and maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above.
As a professional apprentice, you will achieve a university qualification at degree, alongside real work experience. You will be paid throughout and there are no tuition fees, as these are met by your employer and the Government.
When the Apprentices start with Kismet Kebabs, they will receive a thorough induction to the company and an introduction to work and expectations. The Degree will start in either Jan or May 2020.
Apprentices will have a protected 20% learning per week allowed time for study
- Delivered part-time over four years
- Blended learning: online study combined with work-place learning and six one-day workshops per year
Our BA (Hons) Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship course includes a range of core modules related to the development of management skills. These include:
- Year one, core modules
- Understanding Work-Based Learning and Your Sector
- Managing People, Customers and Markets
- Managing a Sustainable Business
- Year two, core modules
- Work-Based Practice
- Managing Projects and Organisational Change
- Work-Based Project
- Year three, core modules
- Leadership in Practice
- Financial Management and Financial Forecasting
- Strategic Management
- Year four, core modules
- Work-Based Major Project
- Work-Based Project Impact and Review
- Reflections on Practice and Career Progression
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.