The position will be to assist the production team with the mechanical assembly of components used in the manufacture of our range of paper handling machines at our premises in Milton Keynes. These range from small light weight to large mechanical assemblies. They will report directly to the Production Manager but take day to day instruction from the relevant Supervisor.
Your typical duties will include:
- Refurbishing equipment
- Live testing of machinery
- Assisting the service department in repairing parts and/or machines
- Test and calibrate assembled machines
A permanent position may be on offer upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Problem resolution and fault finding
- Ability to follow written works procedures
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Willingness to multi-task is essential
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively on your own as well as in a team
- Professional attitude who is both punctual and reliable
- Passion and aptitude for engineering
GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English Grade C/4 or above.
STEM and/or Engineering qualification.
- Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Standard
- Training with Milton Keynes College
- Ongoing training, support and development with the employer