As a Production Chef apprentice, youll help us maintain excellent standards of customer service, optimise all opportunities to generate income and maintain excellent standards of food and kitchen hygiene. The apprentice is required to attend and actively engage in all practical and formal training elements of the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will also support Kitchen Garden events; cultivate an understanding of heritage vegetables and the history of the kitchen garden at Marble Hill.
The apprenticeship will take at least 12 months to complete and the training is delivered by a national provider on site in the workplace. During your apprenticeship, we will support you by giving you time away from your job to complete your training and any assessments or exams.
Through direct experience in the kitchen, you will work with alongside the Chef and Catering Manager to:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues commit to personal development activities
- Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be onto a senior production chef role
- General awareness of health and safety and security issues
- Good numeracy and writing skills
- Able to prioritise own work and meet deadlines
- IT skills for use of PC and other technologies on site
- Able to sustain excellent face to face communication skills for building and maintaining good customer and staff relations
- Able and willing to work with a diverse range of visitors and colleagues
- A natural problem solver able to use initiative to overcome practical issues
- Able to follow processes and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate tenacity in overcoming obstacles/objections
- Ability to work in a successful team
- Neat and tidy personal appearance in line with uniform guidanceReliable and punctual
- Level 1 English and mathematics (GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4) or equivalent
- To complete the apprenticeship the employee must pass level 1 English and maths (or have the appropriate exemption certificate) and work towards and attempt level 2 before undertaking their end point assessment
- Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard