This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to cook and create Mediterranean food whilst also learning the business elements of how a small kitchen works.
The team at the Dinosaur Cafe and staff at Exeter College will support you in the following and working towards the below duties:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Stock control
- Giving exceptional customer service
As this is an Apprenticeship position, you will also attend Exeter College one day a week. Topics for the apprenticeship will include:
- Kitchen operations
- Legal and governance
- Personal development and performance
The Dinosaur is a small café/restaurant. However we have plans to get heavily involved in event catering and potentially, a further business. As the business grows, more responsibility will be given to the right person. This may involve being restaurant manager whilst owners are on leave.
Progression onto the Level 3 Senior Production Chef may also be considered for the right individual.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- All skills will be trained
- We are simply looking for someone who is willing to learn and work hard
- Communication is key to this role
We are looking for someone who is a confident team player and is interested in learning all aspects of how a small restaurant/Café works.
Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent).
If you do not meet the entry criteria, our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- IFA Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, maths)