Our Production Chef role will involve tasks such as, food prep, producing dishes as per our spec sheets and adapting these dishes as required; either dietary or religious reasons. You will cook, present and serve foods within safety guidelines whilst cleaning and maintaining all ares of kitchen.
Please be aware that this is a busy working pub kitchen. Hours are often difficult for some and weekend work is inevitable. We also run split shifts.
List of duties will include but are not limited to:
- Food prep
- Preparing your own recipes for specials board
As this is an Apprenticeship position, you will also attend Exeter College one day a week. Production Chefs are required to learn and work towards:
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- Commit to personal development activities
Progression onto the Level 3 Senior Production Chef may be considered for the right individual.
- Confident when interacting with staff
- Comfortable using a computer and relevant software
- Enjoys cooking
Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent).
If you do not meet the entry criteria, our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- IFA Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)