Production Chef Apprentice
Buttercream Tearoom & Bakery
HIT TRAINING LTD
Buttercream Tearoom is based in a historical town called Hinckley in Leicestershire. Known for its Farmers Market for well over 300 years by capturing that historical essence Buttercream is the town’s only Vintage Tearoom offering a true Vintage Experience by serving Traditional Breakfasts, Hot & Cold Lunches, Afternoon Teas, Cream Teas, Homemade cakes, and Bistro style meals.
Buttercream Tearoom are looking for somebody to join them and work alongside their chef in their busy kitchen. Full training will be given, all they ask is plenty of enthusiasm and willingness to learn, the successful applicant will be working towards gaining a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
- Helping to bake and assemble afternoon teas, this requires an element of flair and attention to detail
- Maintaining a safe & clean environment at all times to comply with food safety regulations
- Stock rotation control
- Learning to bake from scratch
- Evening menu 3 course or buffets - learning to prepare and cook all elements of the menu
- As we are a small business you will be required to work front of house speaking to customers on occasion
- Preparation of food to comply with dietary allergen requirements (eg Gluten lactose free diets, Vegetarian vegan etc)
To be discussed at interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Flair for detail
- Well organised
- Good communication skills - able to chat to customers
- Flexible to learn all aspects of the business
- Well presented
- Interest in catering/patisserie
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- No formal qualifications, full training given
- Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
- Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.