Production Chef Apprentice
HIT TRAINING LTD
Beales is the finest contemporary Hotel in Hatfield. Boasting a modern yet versatile interior, Beales Hotel is ideal for hosting events such as weddings and celebrations, or corporate events and seminars.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Production Chef at Beales Hotel, Hatfield, a stunning, contemporary 4-star Hotel. Learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
The main duty of this role is to assist/support the Commis Chef, Chef de Partie and any other Kitchen staff in all relevant aspects of running the kitchen, as required.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Learning how all relevant areas of the kitchen operate
- Assisting in setting up and preparing kitchen for daily food service
- Assisting with cold preparation, e.g. washing, peeling, preparing fruit and vegetables (and in the longer-term assist in the preparation of meat & fish)
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing up (filling/emptying sinks and dishwashers) general cleaning etc
- Putting away stores – dry, fresh and refrigerated products
- Be aware of stock rotation of kitchen stores/food supplies, and be aware of food wastage
- Working towards assisting the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie in running a kitchen section, as required
- Positively promoting kitchen standards
Opportunity to become a Commis Chef, and possibly rise to Chef de Partie by learning how to run a section in the Kitchen (in the medium/long term.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Be passionate about learning to cook and having a career in a professional Kitchen
- Candidates must be willing to complete a Culinary Apprenticeship Qualification, whilst working
- Possess a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen
- Be interested in using and cooking with fresh produce and delivering a quality service
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Production Chef Level 2 standard
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.