Production Chef Apprentice
West Lodge Park Hotel
HIT TRAINING LTD
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Learning how all relevant areas of the kitchen operate.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing kitchen for daily food service.
- Assisting with cold preparation, e.g. washing, peeling, preparing fruit and vegetables (and in the longer term assist in the preparation of meat & fish).
- Cleaning the kitchen, including washing up (filling/emptying sinks and dishwashers), general cleaning etc
- Putting away stores dry, fresh and refrigerated products.
- Be aware of stock rotation of kitchen storesfood supplies, and be aware of food wastage
- Working towards assisting the Commis Chef and Chef de Partie in running a kitchen section, as required
- Positively promoting kitchen standards
Opportunity to become a Commis Chef, and possibly rise to Chef de Partie by learning how to run a section in the Kitchen (in the medium/long term).
Have the drive and determination to learn how to run a section (in the medium/long term)
- Possess a genuine interest in and commitment to working in a Professional Kitchen
- Candidates must be willing to complete a Culinary Apprenticeship Qualification, whilst working
- Be passionate about using and cooking with fresh produce and delivering a quality service
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- This job opportunity includes the chance to complete a Vocational Qualification over 12-14 months, with free training provided onsite at work (no need to attend College)
- You will work as a paid employee and have training alongside this, every 4-6 weeks
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve level 1 and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.