What will the apprentice be doing?
Production Support team members work side by side with the firm’s trading, operational, development and business teams; they’re responsible for Rothesay’s core daily technology processes as well as ensuring that all key custom business applications run smoothly.
They implement and undertake monitoring of the firm’s technology stack and infrastructure and are also involved in developing and deploying fixes/enhancements to applications and reports.
- Provide first and second-line support to the trading, operations and pricing teams
- Support the company’s extensive batch job processes to ensure smooth running of the key business functions throughout the day
- Work directly with a number of business functions including traders, actuaries, developers, quants and technology infrastructure
- Perform incident management, problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Perform and deploy low level bug fixes under supervision to production systems
- Document systems: produce user guides and system/application runbooks
- Work with senior team members to improve technical skills
- Under supervision provide out of hours evening support where necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The new Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 programme has been designed in partnership with Microsoft to build Azure cloud capabilities in your organisation.
This new Microsoft apprenticeship is part of QA's drive to support Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, a five-year initiative to help 1.5 million people build careers in technology and help 300,000 connect to tech job opportunities.
QA’s Azure Cloud Support Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Learn on-premise and cloud-enabled technologies and services
- Learn technical content that aligns to and is relevant to employers and the market
- Gain an Azure Fundamentals Qualification and a Microsoft 365 fundamentals qualification
- Get an introduction to Windows, Linux and PowerShell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time role will be available on successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
This is a chance to start your career in a coveted area of Financial Services.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Interest in security, Interest in cloud technologies, Able to learn new technologies, Experience of finance services
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential