What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To carry out drawing compilation as required in line with company design guidelines adopting a right first-time approach
- To carry our Route and BOM compilation as necessary adopting a right first-time approach
- To complete artwork manufacture as necessary
- To provide technical support as required.
- Carry out appropriate design reviews at preliminary design and ahead of mass production
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development, the apprentice will be required to achieve the Level 3 (Advanced) Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
- The apprentice will carry out 4 days per week work-based learning with training at Parlex (Europe) and education at CECAMM Engineering College, Isle of Wight, 1 day per week for the duration of up to 42 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Post apprenticeship, the expectation is to become a full-time design engineer within the company with the potential to lead to Higher National Certificate or Diploma HNC/HND. This would include a highly competitive salary, benefits such as medical insurance, life assurance, pension schemes, paid vacation and experience global travel for company needs.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C) Desired