What will the apprentice be doing?
- Processing requisitions, sourcing and placing purchase orders for direct and indirect materials to support the Old Oak Common HS2 ground engineering project
- Support the preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting into procurement strategy documents. Manage the issue of ITTs through the online Jaggaer eTendering platform.
- Support in the issuing, collation and analysis of Jaggaer Supplier Performance Management Scorecards
- Managing the websites where project supply chain opportunities are advertised. Receiving and collating responses to advertised opportunities and managing new supplier enquiries.
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Commercial Procurement and Supply (L4)
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career development support available and further career development within Balfour Beatty.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE (Grade 4/ C or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subject (Grade Grades A-C) Essential